7461 N Moon Spirit Lane Tucson, AZ 85718 in Cobblestone just sold for $975,000 ($267/sf) from a $1,000,000 list (reduced from a previous listing at $1,129,000) in 184 days. Zillow is onboard at $999,107.
But Zillow is still showing the old listing with the old photos and old list price - $1,129,000 - that dropped to $1,000,000 way back in May when it was relisted with a new brokerage and listing agents and new much better photos. The above link is to Realtor.com, showing the correct listing, photos and price.
It was one of the best looking houses on the market (my opinion). It feels very substantial, with lots of character and charm yet also feels very fresh and today. So why did it take 184 days to sell.
- the old photos did not do it justice, not one wee bit. And the new listing with the new photos didn’t get into the MLS until it was relisted in May (after 3+ months on the market) and by then many buyers and their agents had already seen it on the MLS/internet (including on Zillow) and passed it by. (you only get one chance to make a great first impression)
- Zillow never posted the new listing with the reduced list price, and to this day continues to show the old listing, the old photos and the old price - $1,129,000 – a significant faux pas.
- it has just 2 1/2 baths. Could be a deal killer for some buyers who want 3 1/2 or more.
- it has a beautiful covered patio, backyard and pool area but they’re all west facing. A major turnoff from mid May to mid August when the afternoon/evening sun roasts everything in its path.
- because of its orientation the Catalina’s are barely visible from the house – with mostly west facing views to the less impressive and pretty far off Tucson Mountains.
- that’s probably enough to give more than a few buyers pause.
If I were the homeowner or listing agent I’d be furious with Zillow – check out their outdated version of the Moon Spirit listing and compare it to Realtor.com's and you’ll see what I mean. It’s one thing for their zestimate to be off, or way off, target,(everyone takes them with a grain of salt) but it’s quite another for them to be featuring a 3 month old canceled listing and not showing the actual current listing.
to find your very own Catalina Foothills Home